#BUT DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE? #He’s JOKING around with her #HE DOESN’T DO THAT #especially about himself #he’s being self-depracating in a NON-HARMFUL way #and JOKING AROUND #AND SHE HELPS HIM GET THERE #THERE IS A LIGHTNESS TO OLIVER WHEN HE IS WITH FELICITY THAT DOESN’T EXIST ANYWHERE ELSE IN HIS LIFE #I CAN’T #I AMA HAVAING TOO MANY EMOITONS ABOUT THIS SCEEN (via rosietwiggs)
THIS IS WHAT FALLING IN LOVE LOOKS LIKE.
- i’m just - going to replace the show’s context with my own - where they were married squabbling over levies and then decided to make out after coming to an agreement - i mourn daily over the lost potential of married co-rulers you have no idea - gifset - merlin - tags by longjackets
The expression ‘horse opera’ was coined in the nascent days of Hollywood as a slightly derogatory term for the Western, a genre that had already established its own set of clichés and conventions.
It is also a phrase, however, which came to mind whilst I was watching Warriors Of The Steppe, though for different, more positive reasons than were perhaps intended by those who originally coined the phrase. ‘Horse opera’ seemed to me to be an appropriate way to sum up Warriors Of The Steppe, which like a good opera, is often grandiose, magnificent and sweeping…more
"I know this is selfish, Oliver, and don’t hate me for saying this but…Don’t go.”
In life you always have a choice. Sometimes it’s easier to think that you don’t.
↳ ”In life you always have a choice. Sometimes it’s easier to think that you don’t.”
Look at this rebel. Hahaha :)
My favorite fic I’ve written is a tie between the To Build a Home ‘verse and “I Can Take So Much (Until I’ve Had Enough)” which I just posted today. To Build a Home was my first venture into fic writing (my baby) and I loved every second of it, especially exploring Sara’s perspective. “I Can Take So Much” deals with Felicity’s ability to move on from Oliver and be happy and loved, which is all I want for her honestly. I cried writing it because I’m a hardcore Olicity shipper but it is actually so satisfying for me because I am Team Felicity before I’m Team Olicity. If that makes sense.
I’m going to rec Arrow fics because that’s the only fandom I currently read for. (I used to read Twilight
it was a phase okay?, ATLA, Young Justice but that was A WHILE ago.)
- "We Keep All Our Promises" by sarcasticfina
- “Until I Wrap Myself Inside Your Arms” also by sarcasticfina
- "Sunshine and Rain" by Ciara2531 (AKA amouretautresdemons)
- "Once and Future Queen" by anthfan (no one does tropes better)
- "Times Like These" by anthfan
- "The Ways of the Universe" by CyberQueens
- "More Interruptus Than Coitus" by cherry valence
- "All In a Day’s Work" by SandraDeee
- "Remove All Doubt" by puzzledhats
- "Angry Ponytail" by KrasnyCassandra
- "Where There’s Smoak There’s Fire" by FelOllie
There are also a bunch of author’s I want to rec so I’m doing it. (These all link to their Tumblrs.)
- befitandchase (I know you’re not writing now but I still love your fic)
- effie214 (fuck me, I’m an idiot and thought I had already tagged you. kbyeee with life rn.)
If I could rec every story and writer, I would. But these are just a few that I have thoroughly enjoyed :)
EDIT: I’m dumb and am just now realizing that my anonymous asks were disabled….. oops. All fixed now!!